• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Standard closing after opening current version windows 10

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day I have this issue which is somewhat commond for 1 of our users. She has the most current version. I have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling. When you open Acrobat Standard it closes after a few seconds. If you right click a PDF and choose open with it will stay open but it won't let me open Preferences.

I have added reg keys to disable javascript and for FeatureLockdown

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Steve23084010d8c8 

Sorry to hear about the trouble caused.

Try disabling the following security setting and see if that makes any improvement.

Navigate to Acrobat>Edit>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Protected Mode at Start-up", "Protected View" and "Enhanced Security">OK>close and reopen Acrobat

Note: these changes are only for testing purposes. Once tested, please change it back to the previous setting. 

If this doesn't help, then try uninstalling the application once again through this method. 

Run this cleaner tool to remove the existing installer and application’s files traces:

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html 

Download the Acrobat installer from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

If nothing works, then create an hidden admin account and try running the application in that. 

Let us know the result.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to cancel my Adobe pro subscription today

Nancy Nicholson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was told that if I close to my Adobe pro subscription today because I
called before the trial was over and told them I do not want to continue
however I was charged anyways on my debit card ending in 5598 that I would
get a full refund of 2195

Nancy Nicholson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Akancha, the issue is that I cannot get into preferences because it locks and then closes before that will open. I would need to make the changes you are recommending via the registry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem. Uninstalled Acrobat DC, ran the AcroClean app and reinstalled Acrobatr DC. The program still would not start. Sometimes the rpgram started but shutted off imidiately. The solution was to remove the cache direcories. 

The solution is to delet the Adobe direcory in %appdata% and %localappdata%

Just write %appdata% in File Explorer and delete the Aobe directory. Repeat for %localappdata%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines