• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Standard not compatable with Windows 11

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a new HP windows 11 PC a couple of weeks ago and with it came a free 1 month trial of Adobe Acrobat Standard DC. I installed the product from my Adobe account (version 22.003.20314) and immediately on use I got the same problems that had been reported in these forums "an error has occurred" and lockup etc. I am running the latest version of Wondows 11 (22H2.1194) with all avaiable updates installed.
I tried some of the range of fixes proposed by others, but no success and I don't feel confident about delving into the internals of my system. I have not gone through the unistall, Adobe clean and reinstall process as my machine and installation are brand new and should just work. I am forced to conclude that Adobe Acrobat is still not compatible with Windows 11.

Could anyone from Adobe Supportor other users comment on this and convince me that T shouldn't just cancel my subscription to this product before I get charged a lot of money for a product that is not working.

TOPICS
Cancel subscription , Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John28067135p8bm,

Thank you for reaching out.

Could you please share the screenshot of the error message you received?

Share the workflow that results in the error message.

As you have not tried reinstalling the application, try it once. Remove the application and run the cleaner tool (https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html).

Reboot the machine and reinstall the application from the following help page: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html.   

If that does not help, share the process logs with us. You may use the steps suggested in the following help page: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html

Let us know if you need any help.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying to my fault report.

You ask for details of errors. I have encountered several errors when using the software, which are as follows:-

1. I clicked on a pdf file within File Explorer and the Adobe app opened and displayed the document. On selecting Print, a small window opened which told me it couldnt print the document. I have been able to print this file many times using other pdf viewers.

2. I open up the app and all looks as expected. I decide to navigate around a few menus in the app whereapon a small window opens which said "An Error has occurred". This window has one option, which is "OK". Clicking on OK just causes the error window to be re-displayed. The only way out is to go to Task Manager and end the task there.

3. Every time I open the app now it opens in a window containing the File etc menus at the top with the rest of the window a black screen. After a short wile a window opens saying "Sorry, an error has occured". This window has an option to send an error report to Adobe, which I selected. Clicking OK terminates the app.

I am a little disappointed that the only solution you are offering is to uninstall the product and then re-install it. As I said in my report, my PC is a brand new HP Envy PC and I installed Adobe Acrobat Standard as one of my first setups. It failed on first and subsequent use and when exploring these Adobe Support pages I found lots of people reporting the same issues.

I expected you to be giving me a response along the lines of: yes Adobe recognise the problem and will have an updated ready by (date). Acrobat Standard DC is a very expensive product (£150 subscription per year), so I was looking for some more positive action in order to make me persevere with it.

I used Adobe Standard XI on my old PC for 9 years with no issues or errors. I'm afraid that this new version is too flaky for me and consequently, with regret, I have uninstalled the product from my PC and cancelled my trial subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John28067135p8bm,

Sorry about the delay in response.

Would you mind sharing the screen recording of the issues you are experiencing? 

It would be helpful to understand where the issues are occurring so we can further investigate them.

Also, share the logs using the steps suggested here: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid your response is far too late. I did provide you with a detailed description of the failures in my last post and I am now unable to provide any further information, as I have uninstalled the product and run the Acrobat cleaner tool. My Acrobat trial subscription has now ended and I am now using one of the many alternatives to Adobe Acrobat, which is working very successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines