• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat text conversion turns some pages upside down

Enthusiast ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am scanning a very old book with lots of old cursive handwriting in it. Process is like this: 

photograph pages with dSLR

edit pages in LR, export as tif, clean up in PS

Import images as pages in ID 2023 using image directory to CSV script and data merge tool

Export PDF from InDesign 2023

Open PDF in Adobe Acrobat  Build: 23.1.20093.0 on Mac Pro

Use Scan and OCR tool, recognize text

The scan and OCR tool/recognize text reduces the file size for 100 pages from 250MB to 57MB, but some of the pages get turned upside down. I've tried it twice now. Out of 50 test pages, several get turned upside down in the PDF. Has anyone ever seen this?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump. Anybody?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried this on several computers and Acrobat consistently turns some of the pages upside down and I have to manually go in and rotate the pages. Any ideas? Do Adobe people monitor this forum? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

adobe suggests the community forum for support but it seems that nobody from Adobe helps here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines