• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat toolbar keeps resetting

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I customize my Acrobat DC toolbar so it only shows me the tools I use.  But every time the program updates -- once every two weeks or so -- the toolbar resets and I have to do the whole process over again.  Is there a way to prevent this?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kmalaw53,

Are you talking about like this customization done on toolbar?

shrebhat_0-1613131928569.png

This should be retained after app update. Let us know.

Thanks

Shreya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A year-and-a-half later this is still a problem. How has this not been solved yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be sure I understand exactly what you are describing...

Are you customizing your Quick Tools, and they are not being retained with updates?  The more details and maybe even screenshots you can provide, the better chance we have of helping solve your issue.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is exactly as you stated: The coustomized Quick Tools are not being retained with updates. I have expeirenced this twice. It is not more complicated than that. I have already put the Quick Tools back to what I need to work. I simply do not look forward to doing this every few weeks/months. If Acrobat had Workspaces or some way to save the tool settings that might help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As with most issues that require some investigating, I'll customize my Quick Tools and check on them after the next update comes out.  It will be interesting to see if they're retained or not.  Let's see if there are other users that share your experience that chime in here as well.  Sorry that I don't have a solution, but you've put this scenario on people's radar now, and perhaps others have this issue, and Adobe techs might see the posts here - they do read these forums.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm brand-new to this forum. I have a few inquiries regarding this topic. The following questions are listed:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/javascript-0x0 0x0-for-button/td-p/13161444

I have a query regarding this discussion. If you know anything about this discussion. Please answer my problem by quoting me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a workaround for this one - just put some specific items in the "Tools" sidebar.  So far, so good.

But another problem -- now my virtual PDF writer "Adobe PDF" disappears from my printer list.  I have had to go to Settings/Apps/Adobe Acrobat DC - "modify" several times to reinstall it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines