• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat very slow to start up and very laggy when using it on Windows 11

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat (as stated in the subject title) is very laggy. It even shows what I think is a Windows Vista skin for the application window frame. I uninstalled and reinstalled. Not sure if this is a common issue? Unfortunately I need it to edit acrobat files... 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Hi @peterd92713239 @swantx 

We sincerely apologize for not being able to address your issue on time.

Is the Acrobat version you are referring to above the Modern UI? 

Acrobat and Reader official update  23.003.20244 is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates>reboot Acrobat.

More information about this releas

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2023 Jul 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having similar issues. I just installed Acrobat on a new computer running Windows 11 and Acrobat is extremely slow and frustrating. It is operating much more slowly than it does on my 6 year old computer.  Acrobat also repeatedly freezes with the "program not responding" displaying at the top of the window. This is totally ridiculous, as this pretty much never happens on the 6 year old computer. Adobe needs to get these glitches figured out ASAP. Windows 11 has been out for a while, so there is no good excuse for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @peterd92713239 @swantx 

We sincerely apologize for not being able to address your issue on time.

Is the Acrobat version you are referring to above the Modern UI? 

Acrobat and Reader official update  23.003.20244 is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates>reboot Acrobat.

More information about this release is here: Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

If its the latest version and you continue to experience slow performance, then

Navigate to Acrobat>Preferences(Ctrl+k)>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Protected Mode at Start-up", "Protected View," and "Enhanced Security">OK>close and reopen Acrobat

Or

• Click on the hamburger icon in the upper left corner.
  • Click on Disable New Acrobat

Let us know if this makes a difference

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2024 Sep 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution appear to have worked for me. I upgraded from windows 10 to 11 and suddenly when opening pdfs it would take atleast a minute and adobe reader would not respond. I applied them changes appears to have fixed it for now. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2024 Sep 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @michael_2376,

Hope you are doing well. Thanks for writing in!

While switching to the Old UI worked for you, would you mind letting us know the type of files you were working with? This would help us investigate the issue further.

Also, if you could share a sample PDF where you experienced this issue would be great.

-Souvik

Community & Social Consultant | Document Cloud | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines