• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat won't export to a JPG

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now my Acrobat Pro refuses to create JPG files. I'm trying to convert a PDF to a JPG by going to File > Edit > Export To > Image > JPEG but it's not working. Sometimes there will be a split-second optimizing bar at the bottom but no final file saved. Ironically, I can export just fine to JPEG2000, Tiff, and PNG (which I don't need any of these file types!)... but no JPG. I've reinstalled Acrobat twice and still doesn't work. There has to be an easy fix since it doesn't appear to be an issue with anyone else. I have used this trick for, like, 25 years, so it's difficult implementing a work-around or converting the files online. Thanks in advance for any advice!! 🙂 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jennifer279862893zpd 

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the delayed response

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If the file is stored on a shared network/drive please download it to your computer locally and then try again.

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.3.20310 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also, try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

If it still doesn't work, please remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html , reboot the computer once and reinstall the application using the direct link
https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

Regards
Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

I've been corresponding with another Adobe Tech and this is what they suggested (which seems to be working so far).

Thank you!!

Jennifer

Uninstall current Acrobat DC Pro and install Acrobat Pro 2020 using this link and let us know if it worked

We have several problems with DC Pro and Windows 11 and Acrobat Pro 2020 is the Perpetual License which is the onetime payment and license valid for lifetime

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

I used the suggestion from Alan Evans who messaged me. I hope he was with Adobe, please let me know if he wasn't. His suggestion was to remove the latest Acrobat and install the 2020 version, and that did help! 

Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jennifer279862893zpd 

We are glad to hear that the issue got fixed. Would you mind sharing the screenshot of the message that you got from Alan? Also if its was sent vial email, please check if the email has adobe.com in the end.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe-screenshot-2.jpgAdobe-screenshot-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

I'm really worried about being hacked after corresponding with an imposter
Adobe representative.

What can they do if they have my gmail address? What should I do to
safeguard it, assuming it's not too late?

I received that email from Alan and was skeptical so I didn't reply.
However, I hadn't received anything from Adobe for a few days so thought
maybe he was a community helper acting on your behalf and then I responded
to him. Our back & forth seemed like he was genuinely offering assistance
so I didn't think much more on it.

Please advise.
THANK YOU!!
Jennifer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In reading your post, I spotted something:

Your workflow description includes a visit/click to 'Edit'. I export to jpg in the File menu, but there is no Edit in the routine:

exportJPG1.png

Is your stated workflow correct?  If it is, can you try the export using the method illustrated above?  I know it's a long shot, but it might be worth a try.  Apologies if it was a typo - not trying to jump on it.  It just occurred to me that it is different than the command stacking in my installation.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

You are correct!! That was a typo on my end - so sorry for the confusion. I start from File, not Edit. Thank you for catching that. I installed an older version of Acrobat Pro 2020 and now it seems to be working for me. 

THANKS!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem.  But your findings might have uncovered an issue with Acrobat.  I opened a PDf from a coffee machine manual I had sitting around.  It has a link on the cover to the company's website.  But when I tried to either edit or remove that link, Acrobat said it removed zero links, and it remained there & active... and uneditable!  I'll do some more experimenting when I have a chance to see if I can find what's going on.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that's very intriguing! I'll be interested to find out your results. Thank you again!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been seeing the same issue. Not sure if this is the solution, but our tech people said it was because my file name and how deep the file was in my file structure was the culprit (total over 256 character limit). We tested taking the file I was exporting up to a higher level in our structure and converting it there (in the same folder) and it worked. However, I also didn't have any problem exporting other file formats in the original file location so I am not 100% convinced. Now I have to go and rethink my file structure...maybe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines