• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat won't open pdfs created by InDesign

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since my last updates a few weeks ago, Acrobat does not open PDF documents created by my InDesign program. This is the case on both my desktop and laptop computers.
Outside documents open but when I select one from my own files, nothing happens.
Combining files is something I need to do several times a day while creating our weekly newspaper.
When I select the pages (pdfs created by InDesign and stored in my Google drive), the come up blank with an alert reading "Acrobat does not support the conversion of one or more of your files to PDF. Please remove these files or go to settings and choose the PDF Portfolio option."
I am not doing anything differently than I have in the past.
As well as combining pages for a visual of how things are progressing, I need a combined document to upload to our website and to send to our digital subscribers.
Help?!

TOPICS
PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Shootin the Breeze 

Hope you are doing well and thanks for reaching out.

As descried the issue is occurring with the PDF files that you have created from Indesign, would you mind sharing the steps you are doing to export the files from indesign to PDF?

Please check the export settings in Indesign and see if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you able to open your pdfs when you move them to your desktop or laptop? If so, try turning off the "Enhanced Security" preference in Acrobat, or add the path address of your Google drive (see attached screen shot). 

enhanced security.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines