• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat X Pro (10.1.16) has become very slow in form design

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating fillable form from a PDF document I received. Editing fields is very very slow. There are no updates available for my software. Is there any setting I need to change to bring it back to life?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see a way to edit my post so I'll add more detail here. The slowness is even moving from one Radio Button Properties field to another. This problem is very recent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, the slowness is in Button properties while moving from Name to Tooltip.

It's strange that this form does not provide ability to modify post once it has been posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an old and outdated version of Acrobat. What's your OS version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My OS is Windows 10 Pro (10.0.19044). Granted it is an old version but it has been working fine until now. The computer freezes for about 20 seconds as soon as I copy (Ctrl-C) the contents of Name of a form field's properties and try to move to Tooltip to paste it there or move to the Options tab.

This document was a paper pdf form of 7 pages that I am making into a fillable form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's not much you can do, I'm afraid. You can try running a Repair Installation from the Help menu and executing the application in Compatibility Mode with an earlier OS (like Windows 7), but that's about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines