• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat X Pro crashes after reinstalling

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I restored my computer to factory settings few days ago, and after reinstalling Creative Suite 6, Acrobat X Pro crashes after few seconds from opening it. Reinstalling doesn't help. I understand that the last patch for Acrobat X was 10.1.16, but I cannot find it anywhere. 

Operating system is Windows 8.1 and Acrobat version is 10.1.1

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Acrobat X is an old and unsupported version, and is not officially compatible with any current OS.
To increase the chances of it to work properly make sure you have all updates installed (up to 10.1.16) and run it in Compatibility Mode with an earlier OS, like Windows 7.

Updates are available here:
ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/win/10.x/
Replace "win" with "mac" if you have the Mac version.
You must use a dedicated FTP client to open the link, it won't work in most browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat X is an old and unsupported version, and is not officially compatible with any current OS.
To increase the chances of it to work properly make sure you have all updates installed (up to 10.1.16) and run it in Compatibility Mode with an earlier OS, like Windows 7.

Updates are available here:
ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/win/10.x/
Replace "win" with "mac" if you have the Mac version.
You must use a dedicated FTP client to open the link, it won't work in most browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

++ Adding to the correct suggestion by try67

For more information about Acrobat X EOL you may refer to the help page - https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/end-of-support-acrobat-x-reader-x.html

Also to download the update patch manually you may use the link - https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotes/index.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines