• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat X Pro Installation Failed After Clearing Caches, etc. - Volume License Serial Also Failed

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I used some sort of cleaner to clear out caches, etc. and ended up having to re-install Design and Web Premium all over again.

Everything works, except Acrobat. I'll point out that nothing on our system has changed in the last 72 hours, except that darn cleaner 😞

Whether I extract the payload or try running the installer, I get these messages (assuming the installer doesn't fail on initialization which it does all the time):

- from payloads: this serial number is not valid (it is, directly from Adobe's LWS); or

- from the list after expanding the dmg file: something to the effect that there's an earlier version installed, together with an exclamation mark and it won't install.

Help!

As a printer, we use this software on a regular basis (we have Pitstop Pro).

We've tried removing all instances of Acrobat 10 using EasyFind, but we just can't seem to obliterate it from this one computer (that we use daily).

We have it installed on another machine and hopefully there's a way to "move" or "migrate" all the system files to this one production machine -- someone say yes 🙂

Thank you so much if anyone can help.

Barb

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's generally a bad idea to use all kinds of third-party "cleaners" on Adobe software.

Try to use this one, which is an official tool by Adobe: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the cleaner on my mac, not specifically on Adobe -- and your answer isn't helpful now that I've already done that almost a week ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS -- sorry, I didn't realize you provided a link to an app to help clean acrobat from my system -- I hope it works, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PPS -- I just tried the acro cleaner and it failed. From the log:

2022-09-06 - CleanerHelper: RemoverTool doesn't exist at [/Applications/Adobe Acrobat X Pro/Adobe Acrobat Pro.app/Contents/Helpers/Acrobat Uninstaller.app/Contents/Library/LaunchServices/com.adobe.Acrobat.RemoverTool]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines