Acrobat X Pro Keeps Closing On Mac

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Adobe Creative Suite 6 and am running it on my MacOS High Sierra version 10.13.6.  Most of the programs work, but Acrobat X Pro version 10.1.1 crashes the moment I open it. I've tried to find help directly with Adobe, but they only try to make me pay for newer online versions. I want to use the product I paid for, or get my money back. Being told that no one there knows how to make it work is quite frustrating. Everything on the forums doesn't seem to help either.  Not sure what to do next. Any help is appreciated. Quite frustrated with Adobe right now. I understand the money making aspect of all this for them, but forcing out older version users in order to try to get them into subscription deals is poor customer service.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Acrobat X Pro, is was only supported on -

BarlaeDC_0-1658843578792.png

And Adobe have updated it to make sure that is runs on the OS you are wanting to use and that is now called Acrobat Pro and is shipped as, Adobe cannot be expected to make sure all the software they ever develop will work on any OS that is released. and it has been out of support for 7 years.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you're saying here. Do you have a recommendation that will help?  Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The recommendation is to update to a new version of Adobe Acrobat ( which supports the OS you are using).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This really has nothing to do with Adobe, but with Apple. They keep releasing OS updates which are not backwards-compatible, making older apps impossible to run. Windows 10 (and even 11) can run Acrobat X without many issues, although neither one of them is officially compatible with it. Newer MacOS versions absolutely can not.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually the reality has to do with Adobe AND Apple and technological progress. CS6 is 10-year old software. You can't expect it to run on a modern Operating System without any issues. It's just not realistic and it's nothing new.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines