• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat X Pro pop-up says serial number to activate product has expired? Why??

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2013 Dec 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We purchased 2 licenses for Adobe Acrobat X Pro to allow us to digitally certify engineering plans in PDF form, and now this installation of Acrobat X Pro says the "serial number you used to activate the product has expired" and this "is your last opportunity to launch the product before it is automatically deactivated."  It also says we "must provide a new serial number or start a trial on next launch."

Why?  Why would we need to re-purchase serial numbers when we purchased the product already?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check this out http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-licensing-product-expired-cs4.html and if it doesn't work contact Adobe. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I *could* try that - if I had Admin rights on this computer.  I can neither roll back the computer's clock, nor can I uninstall then reinstall programs without the IT department first setting me up in PowerDesk, etc.  So I guess my next move is to contact Adobe.  I've looked back through the receipts and we did in fact purchase full versions of Acrobat X Pro, not some "trial" version.

Thanks anyway.

EDIT: Here's a screen cap of the pop-up window:

Capture - Adobe Acrobat serial number problem.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 03, 2013 Dec 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me as well on December 2nd.  I have been able to make the program work by "rolling back my clock"  but I do not have the deactivate option in adobe X and I have no other adobe product to try there.  I am very frusterated with this and am concidering other vendors and solutions to my PDF needs.

Please Adobe come up with a permenant solution to this issue.  (It is a bit odd that this is not a one off issue and that it happened on the same day for more than a few of your customers)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2013 Dec 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A question for the several people posting here: do you have Dragon Simply Speaking installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2013 Dec 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I don't use that program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Someone had this problem the same time they installed that, it was worth checking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, as the user below said: Thank you for trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:  After a completely fruitless chat session with Adobe Customer Service on Dec. 2nd, I now have an "open support case" under my/our account.  I was told our serial number is for a "volume licensing version" despite the fact we purchased the "fully licensed version" from the Adobe vendor.

It's my understanding from the Acrobat X Suite License Agreement that once purchased, we own this software license in perpetuity *unless* we have another written agreement directly with Adobe (the license agreement specifically addresses volume licenses on the first page, second paragraph, which for English language users is page 103).  We have no such agreement (for this purchase at least, if any) as I did the purchasing myself.

I was asked by the Customer Service chat person to upload our "proof of purchase," which I have done along with the emails from the vendor containing the serial number, etc.  I've been promised that the "relevant team will validate it and contact [me] via email within 2-3 business days."

We'll se how that goes and I will update here on problem resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if it would be appropriate to somehow identify the vendor without giving their full name (for legal reasons). Perhaps their initials. You could compare vendor.

It might be that a vendor is inappropriately selling volume licenses, which are getting blocked by Adobe because they aren't following the rules. That would be a bad thing, but good to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LSS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought mine at the same place.... LSS   it is a "little" "place of sales"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is very interesting, thanks. I think we'd all be interested to hear the outcome of your case with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think TRC and I are both thinking the same.    I just want the program to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, if software is sold to you and the seller didn't have the right to sell it to you, then you don't get the right to use it. This would be a very bad result, but it's a real possibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got done with a tech support telling me

I am really sorry to inform you that, the serial number is a invalid serial number.

In this case, I request you to contact the reseller for the refund.

I contacted the Reseller (LSS)  and they asked for my orriginal order number, I sent it and they promptly sent me a new serial number to use.  It worked.

My copy is working.

TRC go to their website and send them an email in the contact us area.  Give them a link to this forum thread.  Problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE

The serial number given the first go around was a volume licence and expired December 2013.  The serial given to me by LSS customer service the second go around is a single user Perpetual licencing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2013 Dec 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the exact same problem but not sure if it's the same vendor mentioned above.  Is this 'LSS' company mentioned above a Canadian company with a Florida location?   They don't list a phone number on their website and do not respond to e-mail.  My plan is to request a refund from my credit card company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines