• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat X Wont Start

Participant ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat X as part of CS6. Seemed to work fine since installation. Two days ago, it stopped working, won't open. I tried the fixes listed in this forum. No luck.

Can Adobe help please.

Thanks,

Bill Byrnes

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Dec 07, 2012 Dec 07, 2012

Hi All,

Adobe has provided a hotfix to resolve this issue permanently . Kindly follow Solution 2 mentioned at http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/acrobat-failed-launch-30-days.html and check if you get Exit Code 0.

Feel free to post the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 140 Replies 140
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2012 Jun 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, Matt! It seems to work an I will believe in the "permanent fix"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2012 Jun 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

I had posted the workaround on another thread: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4529681#4529681    .... reposting here.

For all the users who have faced a problem where Acrobat did not launch after 30 days of serializing with a suite serial number, please execute the following workaround:

1. Make sure you are connected to the internet.
  2. Launch a regular  CS6 product other than Acrobat or Flash Builder (for example: Photoshop, After Effects, Premier Pro, InDesign, Flash Professional, Illustrator, Dreamweaver.)
  3. Click on Help->Deactivate .
  4. Deactivate the application. Quit application.
  5. Launch a regular  CS6 product other than Acrobat or Flash Builder (for example: Photoshop, After Effects, Premier Pro, InDesign, Flash Professional, Illustrator, Dreamweaver.)
  6. Accept Eula.
  7. Register trial by signing in. Let the app launch.
  8. Quit and relaunch the app. Wait for UI to come.
  9. Click on License This Software button on the UI.
  10. Click on Sign in .
  11. Serial number screen will come
  12. Enter the serial number in the serial number screen and click Next.
  13. Quit app and relaunch the app while connected on the internet .

After this if you launch Acrobat it will launch and run forever without trouble. In case you still face a problem , try relaunching the other CS6 app once more and then launch Acrobat.

Feel free to send me a private message if you need any more help with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help Amrita!

In my office we have some nfr licenses and, for policy, some computers have installed only Acrobat X of the CS6 suite (no Photoshop ecc...). There is a workaround in this situation?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2012 Jul 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there solutions for my problem?
If I have installed only Acrobat X of the CS6, how to deactivate and reactivate the entire suite?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I originally had this issue because I had CS5 with a stand-alone license for Acrobat X. But the deactivation and reactivation work. However on OSX, Acrobat is launching when a PDF's is opened but never actually opens the PDF. I have to open thefile via the menu system. Same goes for closing, it wont cloase the PDF by click the X button. I literally have to goto the menu system in Acrobat to close it. I think somehwere along the way it got corrupted. I've tried reinstalling several times now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2012 Jul 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried this, worked once then failed to start opening again - 3 hours wasted of rebooting and repeating the process

What a pieice of sh1t overpriced software - ADOBE YOU SUCK - in so many ways

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 09, 2012 Jul 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much Amarita... followed through with instructions and fixed my problem with Acrobat X not starting!

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2012 Jul 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So... Here I am, back after another 30 day cycle! About 30 days ago I tried the deactivate/reactivate with assurances that I'd never see the problem again. Today I tried to open Acrobat X only to experience the exact same problem I had ~30 days ago.

Amrita: Please stop assuring us that the problem is really fixed if it actually isn't!!

Why are your legitimate, paying customers being punished by the methods you're using to stop software piracy?!? As a legitimate customer, I don't appreciate being punished for the crimes of others.

I used the deactivate/reactivate fix again today. For the moment, it's working again. But at this point I have ZERO confidence that I won't need to repeat this process in another 30 days.

Please get this problem fixed. Don't make me come back in another 30 days.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 21, 2012 Jul 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is seriously bad...... cannot believe one pays so much for a product and not get the right fix for a problem.... I'm just waiting for my 30 days (after I did the supposed fix) to see what happens with my Acrobat X....

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The workaround fixed the condition on my computer. I am waiting to see if it re-occurs after another 30 days. Does anyone know if Adobe has or will fix this problem so that the workaround is not needed.

Thanks for your help.

Bill Byrnes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem here. I upgraded from Design Premium CS5 to MC CS6 and Acrobat just decided not to work.

To fix it, I went into Photoshop, deactivated, reactivated, then went through the process again and now it works. We'll see for how long.

Another issue that really horks me off is I could not fully UNinstall CS5. InDesign remains. I also had a hard time uninstalling my separate license for AE CS5. Insane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2012 Aug 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After 30 days the "official" fix stops working yet again. On top of this there was a major quarterly patch update (10.1.4) for Acrobat which I just installed. I was hoping, really really hoping they fixed this idiotic blunder. Guess what...... cmon' guess. I think you all already know the outcome. IT IS STILL FREAKING BROKEN!!! So...... lets just keep de-activating some UNRELATED program that is part of the suite EVERY 30 DAYS and reactivating the the entire suite. What a massive steaming pile of awesomeness! I'm so excitied I can hardly contain myself! For $1900 I really sort of expect more. Maybe I'm just weird that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2012 Aug 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tired what Amarita said above and it works now like a charm - thanks for the work around!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2012 Aug 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amrita, thanks for the solutioin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2012 Sep 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is one of the worst companies in the world for end user support.  They don't really care that all of these people are going through hell.  They are just focussed on making CS6 obsolete as fast as possible to force us to upgrade.   What a joke.  I spent $800 on this piece of garbage software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2012 Dec 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your solution is working for me on both of my computers. YEAH!

Thank you for caring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matt:  Thanks for posting your chat dialog.

To all others, the important issue prior to deactivation is to MOVE THE CACHE FILE from the folder specified in Matt's dialog to the desktop.  This is what allows the deactivate link to appear in the help menu on Photoshop.  If you don't move the cache file, you won't be able to deactivate.  The cache file is automatically recreated when you reactivate Photoshop.   You can then delete the cache file FROM THE DESKTOP.

Thanks again Matt for posting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no problems

I am glad it is helping some people out.

I'd figure it would be best to post the official support answer so that everyone knows it's legit. 

So many people have answers but being in a large company, we cannot afford to guess which is a proper fix.

So we went direct!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had exactly the same issue with Acrobat X Pro today. I followed the transcript Raghu - Matt.

The issue seems to have been resolved now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Matt, this worked great! We were experiencing a similar issue, but instead of Acrobat not opening at all, it would open for a few seconds but then the Adobe Software License Agreement would pop up and instantly close Acrobat. Clicking Accept would then open Acrobat back up, but 5-10 seconds later it would close, and the License Agreement window would popup again. It would just keep doing that in an endless loop. But your chat fix did the trick for us!!! Thanks again!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2012 Jun 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following the deactivation of photoshop and reactivating worked for me as well....Thanks Matt

mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the Mac, in the applications folder are CS6 apps downloaded from Creative Cloud, and inside each products folder is that products uninstaller. That is the uninstaller I used the first time to remove Acrobat X Pro.

After removal by that means, Acrobat Application Manager was still verifying that my removed app was still installed. There was no way to reinstall (Acrobat).

What I was told by the chat tech I chatted with was to got to Applications > Utilities > Adobe Installers Which is from where he recomended I do all my uninstalls.

So, from there I clicked on Acrobat X Pro and followed the screen instructions.

When I then launched Adobe Application Manager, teh Install button next to Acrobat was active and I was able to reinstall Acrobat.

Because after removing a previous version of CS, my photoshop CS6 app was announcing a missing file and that I needed to uninstall and reinstall Photoshop - more an annoyance than an actual necssity since Photoshop CS6 was working fine despite the notification window alerting me to a missing file Photoshop needed to operate... Since the uninstall and reinstall of Acrobat went so well, I followed suit with Photoshop CS6, removing it from the Applications > Utilities > Adobe Installers folder. When I launched AAM, the install next to Photoshop was available. I downloaded it and intalled ... everything is working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2012 Jul 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the steps stated in 46. mattlok1010's transcript, which is similar to the "correct" answer here. And it worked for a little while then stoped working again when I went to open another PDF.

I re-read the answer and discovered:

In case you still face a problem , try relaunching the other CS6 app once more and then launch Acrobat.

This was an essential step for me as it completed the registration. As soon as I opened Photoshop, it came up with a bubble "registration complete" and Acrobat is working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2012 Jul 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do not delte the cache.db. That step will only complicate your problems. If ypou have renamed it...please restore it back and follow the steps that I have posted in the workaround.... I assume you have done that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines