• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat X1 support

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat X1 which I use to edit pdf's (text, and images)

I have a Creative Cloud photography plan with Acrobat DC, which won't edit text and images.

I try to download my Acrobat X1 but Adobe says I have a better featured version of Acrobat (DC) and quits the install.

How can I install my Acrobat X1 and get past the quit dialogue box?

Why can we not talk to Adobe support staff as this is quite a specific problem and I should have an acrobat solution one way or another with the plans and past purchases that allow me to edit?

Thank you

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What makes you say that Acrobat DC can't edit PDF files in the same way that Acrobat XI can?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click 'edit pdf' it sends me to a subscription page for DC Pro... I admit I am not familiar with the new layout and format in DC so I may be missing something?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you're using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC... You need to make sure you use the right application, and then it should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Creative Cloud Photography plan doesn't include Acrobat Pro DC or any kind of paid Acrobat. I suspect that you are actually running Acrobat Reader, which is free.

Acrobat XI Pro is no longer supported, since DC replaced it 7 years ago; Adobe won't help you with it. Maybe we can, maybe not. First, check what DC you are actually running - Reader, Standard or Pro. Don't do anything until you have accurate info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all. Issue was correctly assessed which allowed me to resolve the problem.

Acrobat DC (reader) was separately installed on my computer after a hard drive failure. This app (Acrobat DC) showed in my list of Adobe apps in my Creative Cloud photography plan - it must have been showing the installed (reader) version by default. I uninstalled DC which subsequently did not show in the plan at all, I was then able to re-install my Acrobat X1 and am now back up and running. (Still it is interesting that the X1 installer assumed that DC reader had more features than X1.)

Further Adobe support gave me an email with which to make a query. So, all is well.

First time using forum - I was not hopeful but reassured it is very useful and effective channel.

Brill. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Further Adobe support gave me an email with which to make a query. "

Be warned - often scammers pretend to be Adobe. They want your Adobe account, your credit cards, and the chance to hack your computer. A real Adobe address will end @Deleted User, More likely you were sent one from @outlook.com from somewhere else, which is not real. (Well, it's a real address, but not real Adobe).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed email is from @outlook - it looks genuine but I will avoid.

Also was surprised to see DC (reader) back in my plan - clearly this comes in by default on launching Creative Cloud. It would appear that Adobe are trying to get X1 users to subscribe to DC (as from info above, X1 is no longer supported) hence, my troubles trying to install X1 again. However, for the moment X1 is working fine - if I have majour problems with it in the future, I realise I will probably need to update...

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's definitely a scammer, then. I hope you did not share any private or sensitive information with them!

If they contacted you via PM please post their username so we can have them banned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines