• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat XI for Mac

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a license for Acrobat XI Pro for Windows. I am now using a Mac. Any advise on how I can use my acrobat license on Mac?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

You can't. Acrobat XI was not cross-platform and Adobe doesn't sell this version any longer so you can't switch to the Mac version. Even if you could you would need to run it on a very old version of the Mac OS. Unlike in Windows, where almost all OS versions are backwards-compatible to some extent or another, Apple OS versions are not. You can't run old applications on them. You must get updated versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you want to install Acrobat Xi on your new Mac machine.

If you have the installer disk and the serial number ready, please try the steps below and see if that works for you:

1. On your old computer open Acrobat, click Help > Deactivate

2. On your new computer, install acrobat XI  using the installation files /installer disk and activate with your serial number.

Note: Adobe Acrobat XI is an old and EOL application it may or may not work with the latest Mac configuration

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks, Amal. It's no longer active in any computer. I want to install on a
Mac but my license is for Windows. Support/platform exchange for the
version has already stopped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't. Acrobat XI was not cross-platform and Adobe doesn't sell this version any longer so you can't switch to the Mac version. Even if you could you would need to run it on a very old version of the Mac OS. Unlike in Windows, where almost all OS versions are backwards-compatible to some extent or another, Apple OS versions are not. You can't run old applications on them. You must get updated versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information and suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines