• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat XI Getting Trial Window out of nowhere. On win 7 with paid subscription.

New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 PCs at work that suddenly are getting the trial window for Acobat XI thats counting down the days when they both have paid subscriptions. They have been working for years with no problem. We sign up with Creative Cloud. We can't lose this copy of Acrobat on one of the PCs because there are a couple of add-ons that we can't reinstall and only work with this version. I'm signed into Indesign and Illustrator just fine and with no problems. Soon as they turn on the computer and use Acrobat for the first time they get the window. I can't tell if they are logged in. Should be though since they aren't asking to login and when I follow the directions I can confirm I can reach the server.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat XI is an old version, not compatible with any current OS and not supported by Adobe any longer.
It also has nothing to do with Creative Cloud. However, if you installed Acrobat DC (or even Reader DC!) that might cause a conflict with it. You would have to remove all such installations and then re-install Acrobat XI for it to (hopefully) work again. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been working though and we didn't have a problem. It's not like I just installed it and I'm wondering why it's not working. It's been working fine for years. Why all of a sudden it thinks its a trial version? I really don't want to uninstall it because we can't lose the add-ons that are installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you install Reader or the trial version of Acrobat DC, by any chance? I don't really have an answer why it stopped working, just that such things can happen when you run old software.

Anyway, reinstalling should not remove your add-ons, and you can always back them up before doing so, just in case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
No nothing like that. No new installs and it happened on 2 computers at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines