ACROBAT XI PRO SHUTTING DOWN

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi anyone.

Have started having issues with Acrobat XI Pro version just shutting down after about 5 seconds.

Have unistalled and re-installed and same is happening. This wasn't happeniong pre new year and worked fine until Dec 2019.

Anyone able to advise what is going on and how to fix it?

Thanks

Dean

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

These are the steps I used for Windows 10 Pro. If you have a different operating system, your steps could look slightly different but hopefully, it will still be helpful to you.

1. Click the search icon next to the Windows icon and type “Firewall” to find your firewall settings

Jacki_G_0-1594144831143.png

1. You should get a list that looks something like this
    Jacki_G_1-1594144831157.png

2. Click Windows Defender Firewall. You should now see something like this
    Jacki_G_2-1594144831164.png

3. Click Advanced Settings
    Jacki_G_9-1594145412367.png

4. Click Inbound Rules
    Jacki_G_3-1594144831169.png

5. Click “New Rule”
    Jacki_G_4-1594144831172.png

6. Click Program, then Next
    Jacki_G_5-1594144831172.png

7. Click “This program

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

CORRECT SOLUTION:

1. Install official Microsoft Compatibility Administrator found here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/get-started/adk-install#adkwin10

2. start "Compatibility Administrator (64-bit).exe" in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Windows Kits\Windows ADK\Application Compatibility Toolkit\Developer and Tester Tools\

3. expand "System Database" > expand "Applications" > find and click "adobe creative suit 6" > on the right window "right" click pdapp

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CORRECT SOLUTION:

1. Install official Microsoft Compatibility Administrator found here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/get-started/adk-install#adkwin10

2. start "Compatibility Administrator (64-bit).exe" in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Windows Kits\Windows ADK\Application Compatibility Toolkit\Developer and Tester Tools\

3. expand "System Database" > expand "Applications" > find and click "adobe creative suit 6" > on the right window "right" click pdapp.exe "Disable Entry"

4. Run Acrobat XI Pro, now insted of crashing it will show a "new" adobe activation agreement (this is what was crashing the acrobat x pro), you can now accept it and Acrobat XI Pro runs with 0 issues in 2021. (no need for any compatibly modes). 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also been having the same problem with Adobe Acrobat XI closing after a few seconds. I was able to get it to work by pure accident! I decided to give up trying to get Adobe to run so I looked for a free PDF program and I found SumatraPDF. I loaded it and it seems to work fine. Out of curiosity I tried my Adobe XI, and nnow it is working perfectly! I can only assume that loading and executing SumatraPDF did something to the Adobe files that cured the problem.

I know this is WAY off the beaten path but it is the only thing I have tried that actually worked.

Good Luck.

PS: I don't think it appropriate for Adobe to damage a software application that has been bought and paid for.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Doesn't seem to have worked for me.
Still getting the constant shutdowns 😞

*Please do a good deed today in memory of Gedaliah Yirachmiel ben Michel
OBM (my father)*
Before his bar mitzvah my father a”h (and my son's namesake) was learning
to lain parshios tazria-metzora, very difficult parshios. Someone saw him
learning in shul and asked my grandfather a”h, “how could you make your son
learn such difficult parshios? It’s too hard for a boy who’s learning for
his bar mitzvah!” As my father related, it was one of the few times he saw his
father get very angry as he told the man,

*“Don’t you put limits on what my son can do!”*
*https://www.njfriendshipwalk.com/Gedaliah
<>*

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines