• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat XI Pro won't update or stay open

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a new laptop running Windows 10, I bought the Adobe Acrobat XI Pro, I got it on the laptop, but it shuts down repeatedly and constantly reminds me there is an update, but never lets me complete the update, it always says error 1328.  This is beyond frustrating. I have deleted and reinstalled it twice with no improvement.  Help, it's literally unuseable like this

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Acrobat XI is an old and unsupported version, and is no longer compatible with Windows 10. To increase the chances of it working properly make sure you have all updates installed (up to 11.0.23) and run it in Compatibility Mode with an earlier OS, like Windows 7.

Updates are available here:
ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/win/11.x/
Replace "win" with "mac" if you have the Mac version.
You must use a dedicated FTP client to open the link, it won't work in most browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you are unable to pdate Adobe Acrobat XI pro and it closes frequently.

Please try to manually install the patch using the help page https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotes/index.html and see if that works for you.

Also, Adobe Acrobat XI pro is an old and end of support application. For more information please take a look at the help article End of support for Adobe Acrobat XI and Reader XI

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if the above lsited link doesn't work then what are we to do if link doesnt work? Spent a lot of money on this program and now i cannot spend again.  Help needed.

Didn't work for me  - Please try to manually install the patch using the help page https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotes/index.html and see if that works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link to manually install the update takes one to a FTP address and I cna't launch the application.  I've followed all the solutions - uninstall Adobe, use the clean up tool, reinstall and then request the update, which it runs but then, again, fails with the 1328 error code.  If I can someohow install this manually, please send the means to do it.... or some other way to fix the problem.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

XI is out of support and works or works not. At some point you reach the moment where there is no possibility to install the software anymore.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

laura, were you able to find a fix for this issue?

Thank you, 

armen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat XI is an old and unsupported version, and is no longer compatible with Windows 10. To increase the chances of it working properly make sure you have all updates installed (up to 11.0.23) and run it in Compatibility Mode with an earlier OS, like Windows 7.

Updates are available here:
ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/win/11.x/
Replace "win" with "mac" if you have the Mac version.
You must use a dedicated FTP client to open the link, it won't work in most browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines