• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrotray blocking PDF printing

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I'm looking to figure out a problem I'm having when printing a document as a PDF (In Windows 10 64 bit).  Or rather printing more than one, because after the first pdf is created, a Creating Acrobat Document window will appear on the desktop (Behind everything, but there's an acrobat logo in the taskbar to reveal it), and any attempt to print a second PDF will fail unless I first go into the Task Manager and shut down AcroTray, which has jumped from background processes where it was while printing the pdf to Apps.  As long as I keep shutting down the Acrotray instances in the task manager I can keep printing multiple PDF's, but it's a serious pain to work with.  I'm using InDesign CC (The current version) and AcrobatDC, and it's installed on Window 10 64 bit.  Oh and the problem also shows up when I print to PDF from other programs like Word.

Any thoughts on what could be the source of this issue, and any possible fix's.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BrendanK,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As you have mentioned above that a Creating Acrobat Document window appears in the background, did you try to open that window from the taskbar?

If yes, can you share the screenshot of the window that appears?

To add the screenshot here, please use the insert icon provided in the reply window as shown below:

Capture screenshot.PNG

Once you click on this icon, you get a small window.

Click on Insert Image and then browse the location where you have saved the screenshot file.

Select the file and click on Open > Insert Image.

Please make sure that the application is updated to the latest patch released.

Also try once to repair the application. To repair, launch the application and go to Help menu > Repair Installation.

Once done, restart the machine and check if that makes any difference.

It would be helpful if you can share the dot version of the Adobe Acrobat DC installed on your system.

You can take help from the steps provided here Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC to check the dot version.

Let us know if you have any question.

We will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found this 4-yr old post.  Have had same problem for past year using Acrobat 9.5 on Windows 7 x64  Pro.  Stumbled on the solution on my own: using a task manager to close/terminate acrotray.exe after each instance of Printing to Adobe PDF, whether from MSWord, Excel or a browser.

This problem appeared suddenly sometime in early 2020 (?) for no apparent reason. I'm somewhat suspicious that it might actually be caused by some change during a Windows Update whereby an end-process flag is being ignored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Updating with more details, in case anyone ever returns to review this matter --

It is nearly impossible to print a PDF from MS Excel 2013; might work 1-in-15+.  Even killing acrotray.exe does not help reliably.

Acrobat windows may disappear when Closed but Task Manager shows that a ghost Acrobat.exe process remains running which can only be removed by using Task Manager to force "Terminate".  Work sessions may show no visible Acrobat windows while Task Manager shows as many as ten Acrobat.exe processes running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines