• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Action's Wizard Help

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a new workstation at work, and I'm trying to re-setup an action string that I used on my old workstation for invoicing. When ran it should enter edit mode, I make my changes and click proceed, it then saves the file with a prefix, prints a hard copy, and then closes the document. I've run into a couple issues recreating my old process.

1. I can't remember how to get the document to close at the end. I know I was using JavaScript, but I don't know the command.

2. When I ignore the close option, and use the macro without. As soon as I close acrobat and then reopen later to run it again it shows that the action cannot be found. It looks like it's saving the action in a temp location. Any idea how to adjust this?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran the repair tool and it seems to have fixed where the action wizard is saving. I also found a JavaScript code to close the window "this.closeDoc(true);". It seems to work, closing the open PDF, but then it makes Acrobat crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The file should be closed automatically by the Action, although there's a long-standing bug in Acrobat DC where the last file is kept open. You should not close it using a script, that could indeed cause the application to crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines