• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add a new scanned signature to fill and sign "sign yourself" drop-down

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I've been banging my head on this for too long. My "sign yourself" drop down in the fill and sign toolbar has two entries... scanned signatures I've used before. I don't remember how I added them and can't figure out now how to add others. All the documentation and "answers" on the web don't seem to match the UI I'm looking at. I'm running the latest version of Acrobat DC from CC. Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Hi Angus

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are unable to remove the stored signature from Fill and Sign > Sign Yourself

Please click on the minus sign (-) in front of the stored signature and then click on the plus sign (+) to add the new signature in Fill and Sign tool > Sign Yourself.

If it doesn't work, please try to repair the installation (Win Only) and reboot the computer once and see if that works. Go to Help > Repair Installation.

If it still doe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. I'm not trying to do digital signatures or certificates... I just want a set of scanned signatures I can place onto forms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having trouble removing siganture from "sign yoursel" in the Fill & Sign section.

It seems the remove button is greyed out, and I cannot remove either of the two signatures that are stored here.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Angus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Angus

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are unable to remove the stored signature from Fill and Sign > Sign Yourself

Please click on the minus sign (-) in front of the stored signature and then click on the plus sign (+) to add the new signature in Fill and Sign tool > Sign Yourself.

If it doesn't work, please try to repair the installation (Win Only) and reboot the computer once and see if that works. Go to Help > Repair Installation.

If it still doesn't work, please try to reset the Acrobat Preferences to default as described here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792... and try again to remove the signature as described and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so that works to replace a signature on the "sign yourself" dropdown with a different one. I'm still looking for an answer as to how I simply ADD a new signature to the "sign yourself" dropdown without deleting an existing signature. How do I get to that "add signature" option without removing existing signatures?

.            Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am dumbfounded. What could the thinking behind such a limitation possibly be?

Anyway, thanks for the answer.

.        M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing you are only allowed one signature for each app because it is supposed to be legally binding and you theoretically should not be able to sign on behalf of another person.

I created a temporary one-off workaround to import a signature by - deleting my Initials and uploading through the + "Add initials" option. It will bring in the graphic file for you to place, it just won't save it in the Sign yourself dropdown. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree - I have 2 signatures & 2 initials - depending on the organization's regulatory requirements. Internal for certain entities I need to add a number after my signature or initials and externally - well they don't need to know that number. Wish they would consider flexibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal,

Same issue here.  Want to remove the signature stored with fill and sign.  However, the minus (-) sign is grayed out and does not allow me to delete the stored signature.  I have a mac installation and so how do I get this this work properly.  

thanks

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to keep you waiting. Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check if that works. 

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many signatures we can add ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If two is the limit, then how does one of the users in the thread have 2 signatures and 2 initials stored?  I'm also just simply trying to add another signature image.  I have 1 signature and 1 initial - the one I'm trying to add contains my middle initial (used for notary purposes).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Stupid system that cannot let you add more than 2 signatures. Makes no sense. If I want to use an image I should have the option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines