• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add a Water mark to PDF when downloading or viewing PDF

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2024 Sep 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We would like to add a water mark to PDF file when a user clicks on a PDF file on our website or when a user downloads a file from our website. Ideally we would like to watermark it with the name of user and the date time.

Does Adobe have tools we can use for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2024 Sep 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat has watermarking capabilities https://www.adobe.com/in/acrobat/roc/blog/step-by-step-guide-to-online-pdf-watermarking.html however if you intend to have the watermark added only if the PDF is downloaded - that would require a custom solution similar to this https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/adding-watermark-pdf.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @eliud_5554 not sure what happened that your post moved back to the Enterprise forum. I've posted an answer above as this is an Acrobat related question, I've moved your post back to the Acrobat forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't use Acrobat for this, as you're not allowed to run it on a server. This will require a back-end application that will add the watermark to the template file on-the-fly, and then server the customized version of it to the end-user.

I've developed some tools like this in the past, so if you're interested in hiring a professional to create it for you, feel free to contact me privately by clicking my user-name and then on the blue "Message" button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines