Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add comment / pop-up annotation to highlighted texts

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Using Find-Highlight action, I was successful to highlight texts in P&ID pdf file based on a imported txt file which had a list of text.

Now, I want to add some annotation to the highlighted text. but I don't want to do it individually for each text. I have the annotation content in a file (csv or txt). How do I add those to each highlighted text? Is there any action for that?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Attach the .txt file to the pdf.
  2. In each highlight's annotation, cite the attachment; e.g., "Refer to attached file xyz.txt".
  3. If the identical citation will be used in all annotations, select the "Refer to..." text, copy it, and paste it into the annotations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, thanks for the response. 

let me re-explain the scenario. 

dave24863918h7jp_0-1655357669438.png (snapshot from p&id pdf where relevant texts are highlighted)

I want to add some context (in the form of annotation) to these highlighted text area.

Example: 337 (left) I want to add following (which is available in a some file):

"number": 337, "name": "some valve 1", "uniqueid": abc-012, "link to library": https://example.com/abc-012

335 (right) I want to add

"number": 337, "name": "some valve 2", "uniqueid": abc-013, "link to library": https://example.com/abc-013

And there are many other highlighted areas like these.

I would avoid clicking each area and annotating them individually. 

Could you please elaborate how your answer solves this scenario?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines