Add Encryption by Password to form in 'Submit' actions

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created an Acrobat Form to gather personal information fron students for entry to our membership records.  The form has a 'Submit' button at the end which emails the form to our administrator and then closes the form.  Because the form includes some sensitive personal data, it needs to be encrypted prior to being emailed.  I've tried to add this to the Actions under the submit button, but I can't find any way of achieving it.  I'm using Acrobat Pro 2020.  Can someone help please?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You cannot encrypt in Reader at all, nor other PDF viewers. Acrobat Pro can encrypt, but not when submitting. You need, you must remodel this to submit to a web server, running a professionally written web script, and connecting by https. It is sad to say this should not be attempted other than by an experienced professional, but web scripts are the source of major attacks which breach company and university security and steal personal info.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines