• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add Subject line to email

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to get one of the fields to show up in the subject line of the email after they hit the submit button.  After the email addresses in my URL I have the following:

?Subject=this.getField("S/N").ValueAsString

S/N is the name of the field I want to put in the subject line, but when I test it, what it puts in the subject line is this.getField("S/N").ValueAsString and not the actual number that's in the S/N Field.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I'm not a java wizard, so I read that, but it doesn't help me. I attached my form to my original post, I think I have an idea how it should work, but I can't get it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In "Submit a form" you can't use values from form fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is there a different way to do it so you can. It seems I've read threads where there is some java script that allows you to do it, I'm just not sure how

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"It seems I've read threads where there is some java script" That's what the link explained, isn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the link does explain that, but I'm not a Java script wizard, and how do I input that into my form? Instead of using the Submit a Form Action, do I use a Run a JavaScript action?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, use a run a Javascript action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I figured it out, I got rid of the submit a form action and copied a script some listed on another thread and I solved that problem, now the S/N field shows up in the subject line of the email. However it created a new problem, when I had it setup as a submit a form, when you hit the submit button it wouldn't let you email the form unless all the required fields were filled out. Now that I just have it as a JavaScript, it will let you submit a form even if you don't fill out all the required fields, how do I put that in the Java Script?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Wahoo I did it, it works. Thanks for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines