• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add X months field to a defined date

New Here ,
May 17, 2024 May 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create a custom calculation script in adobe acrobat pro to do the following:

Commencement date field - enter date

Term field - enter number of months - for example 6 months

End date - calculate by taking the commencement date and adding the number of months specified in the term field.

Here's what I currently have - the month changes depending on whats in the term field but for some reason it's added 4 year so to the end date. What do I need to change for this script to work. Many thanks in advance for any ones help 🙏🏼

var getMonth = this.getMonth("TERM"); var strDate = this.getField("COMMENCEMENT DATE").valueAsString; // Test for date format if (/\d{1,2}\/\d{1,2}\/\d{2}/.test(strDate)) { var dt= util.scand("dd/mm/yyyy", strDate); dt.setMonth(dt.getMonth()+getMonth); dt.setDate(dt.getDate()-1); event.value=util.printd("dd/mm/yyyy",dt) } else {event.value=""}

TOPICS
JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

change the name of variable getMonth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The first line of your code doesn't make sense. If you're trying to access a field you need to use getField, and naming a variable the same as a method of the Date object is a bad idea, as was mentioned above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines