Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding a color background in a box on a PDF document using Abobe Acrobat Pro Dc

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2016 Mar 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

How do I add a color background in a box on a PDF doc on Adobe Acrobat Pro DC? I initially drew the box, then I went to the background tab to add the color I wanted, and the whole page color was changed. I am trying to apply the color only in the box I have drawn.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 28, 2016 Mar 28, 2016

Hi zolam56253661,

If you are trying to fill colour in the text box background, then select box and press "Ctrl+E". You will get the Text box properties.

Select the colour from fill colour icon. Check screenshot for same.

1.PNG

Let us know if this resolves your issue.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get over how convoluted this process has to be to make a simple text box with a filled background.  Thank you for posting this, as it got me where I needed to be.  Gee Adobe...why make anything intuitive at all?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to set a background color for my form or textbox, whichever is allowed by the geniuses at Adobe that created the need for this thread as they do not use their own products obviously.  If there are no real solutions that are easy to apply I am cancelling my $400 USD subscription as this just isn't for simple minded users like myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set the background color of text box, either annotation or field by right clicking on that field and selecting properties. If it is a form field, then you must be in "Prepare Form" mode.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried following some of these replies but it's too complex. I have the 2023 version, whatever that is.

Here is my workaround, which worked very simply! 

Create a white blank jpeg (I used a word doc, which I had saved as pdf and then in Acrobat exported to jpeg file so that I could insert image).

Insert image, then size it to the dimensions you want. 

Then right click and send backwards until you have it no the correct layer.

I needed to use this in IngramSpark to create a cover for my book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2023 Aug 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you!

Cindy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines