Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding additional languages

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I need to add different languages than there are in the Acrobat, like Dari, Burmese, Kinyarwanda and Swahili. Is there any way I can find where to add them? Becuase I am working on making PDFs accessible so they would need to be read to people, and two of the languages are written from right to left.

TOPICS
How to , PDF , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you need to add them to the application itself, or to your file? If the former, what do you mean by that, exactly? OCR them? Change the application's interface? Something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to add them to the application itself so I can make sure when I make the PDFs accessible they are read aloud in the correct way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can add any text you want, as long as you have fonts that support that alphabet, but reading out-loud depends on the TTS engines available in the operating system, and that you can't control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines