• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding or deleting form fields for a fillable table on a pdf

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to add and subtract form fields on adobe acrobat? I am making a table in my pdf but want to find a way that users could automatically add or delete rows/lines of the table if needed and was wondering if there was a button that would make this possible?

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

This kind of dynamic feature is not really possible in an Acrobat form. The closest you can get to it is to create the fields in advance and then show/hide them as needed, but you won't be able to "re-flow" the rest of the contents of the page, or make it larger.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This kind of dynamic feature is not really possible in an Acrobat form. The closest you can get to it is to create the fields in advance and then show/hide them as needed, but you won't be able to "re-flow" the rest of the contents of the page, or make it larger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

… And that was a feature of XFA forms, the forms feature produced by LiveCycle Designer, wrapped into a PDF file, and supported for forms filling by Acrobat.

That feature was deprecated in the new PDF 2.0 standard just published.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi I am wondering which program of Adobe would allow me to do teh following

A form that is similar to a table. It has alot of rows and columns. 

Things that I need to be able to do: 

Add a button, 

The button will allow the use to add a new row. 

Also another button to remove that row in case I don' need it anymore 

Which program of Adobe will allow this?   I know livecycle is no longer so what other option is there that will allow the above to happen. 

I have been able to work with adobe pro 2017 in adding basic buttons. eg. print, go to, open, save. But What I really realllly need is to know how to add and/or remove the added row.  I hopw osmeone can help me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines