• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adding rich media – MP4 video 16:9, imports with black top and bottom?

Participant ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a few pages which have some mp4 playing (which I need to import). When I go to add rich media > add video, the video imports with extra height, top and bottom, it has black bars? the actual video is fine. I have the Snap to content proportions tuned on? How can I get the video to be placed at the correct ratio?

Mac OSX

Acrobat DC

lister

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , Rich media and 3D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is acrobat importing these videos as a sort of 4:3. Is there a setting in Acrobat to recongise the ratio correctly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tjat is supposed to happen. Only IMAX uses most of 16:9 picture. If you use 1920x1080 16:9 only 1920x808 will be used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to turn this off and have the video play without the black bars top and bottom? If I place this video in indesign the video doesn't show the bars.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

While adding the video to pdf file there is one checkbox "Snap to Content" which is bydefault checked. So, it is require to deselect that checkbox in order to have the video play without the black bars top. 

Try to deselect "snap to content" checkbox and then play the video.

Sujata5EEB_0-1632991122434.png

You can also refer to below document for the same 

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/adding-multimedia-pdfs.html?mv=product&mv2=acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines