• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding Time Stamped signatures in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I recently received Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and I am having problems adding signatures on some documents.  I have tried the “Fill and Sign” and “Prepare Form.”   Our IT at work hasn’t been able to help me out so I am reaching out in this Forum for help.  Found a video on how to do and in the video the lady clicks on “Fill and Sign” and she was given two options.  “Me” and “others.”  When I click on “Fill and Sign” I only have the “Sign Myself” option.  Is there something in my settings where I can add the “others” option?  The signatures I need to sign have to be time stamped or a few states will not accept our signed document.  And Wisconsin requires me to be able to lock the document after adding the signature.  These are all things I was able to do on the prior version of Adobe I had.  Just now with the version I have now.  Not sure if it is my settings or I am just doing something wrong.  Thanks 

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Edward

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are unable to find the option to request signature on the PDF file.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If the file is stored on a shared network/drive please download the file to the computer locally and then try again and check.

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and  reboot the computer once.

You may also try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described in the help page - https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792...

Also as mentioned you want to lock the document after signature you may try using the certificate/digital signature.

For more information about sharing the document for signature please check the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/send-for-signature.html

Let us know if you experience any trouble and need more help.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thanks for the response.  The "Fill and Sign" has been every document I have used it.  Not sure why.  So I should have both options?  Do you think that is my issue?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use a digital signature field. It can be used to lock the document, it can be verified by a third-party using the public key, and it contains a built-in time-stamp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines