• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjust object transparency?

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2023 Jul 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to adjust object transparency in pdf files? 

I exported my illustrator file to a pdf. A few shapes and objects have transparency settings and the exported pdf saves those transparency values fine. However, when I copy those transparent objects from one pdf to another pdf, the transparency doesn't copy and those objects become completely opaque. I cannot find a way to adjust transparency settings in Acrobat Pro. I'm not trying to adjust the transparency of images or texts. 

My current fix is to redraw those shapes and adjust the transparency of the newly drawn objects. However, this fix would be difficult for more complex shapes. 

I found some answers regarding layer transparency, flattening, and text box transparency, but none of them apply to my problem. Does anyone know a fix to it? Thanks! 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably a limitation of the very very basic editor in Acrobat. Editing in Acrobat is a desperate last resort, not something to plan in your workflow - especially as all edits are lost if you reopen in AI. What is the origin of the documents you are trying to paste into?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My images are originally illustrator files. I exported them as tiff/png and embedded them in word, but couldn't figure out a way to convert from word to pdf without image compression. No matter what setting I change there's some sort of image compression. So my solution in the end was, 1) export illustrator file to pdf, 2) export word to pdf without images, 3) open image as pdf files and text file as pdf, 4) copy and paste vectors in image pdf to text pdf. This works great except when I have transparent shapes. 

I just realized that if I flatten my objects in illustrator and then export as pdf, I can copy and paste transparent objects fine. Was hoping I can directly edit transparency in acrobat since I have 50+ images, but I guess I'll just have to flatten every single image and re-export them as pdfs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines