• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjusting leading in form fields

Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a client whose fillable form mimics a sheet of lined foolscap. I need to set the leading so that each time someone hits Return or fills a line with text, the next line of text lines up on the ruled blue line of the 'foolscap'. Don't know how to do this. And of course, I don't want the person filling in the form to be able to alter this. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add spaces to the start of a new line (using a script), but it won't work if the user fills in text and it wraps down to the next line, without them pressing Enter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, no good for this client. Surprising how limited the Forms tools are for AcrobatPro; it really needs some InDesign level formatting options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to clarify, it is possible to set it (using Rich Text Formatting), but not as a "sticky" setting of the field. If you clear the text in it, it will disappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines