• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro - Text Fields, spacing letters

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Besides using 'Comb of Characters' is there any other way that the letters entered into an Adobe Acrobat Text Field could be spaced out?

So instead of having a user's input as 'JOHN' for instance as they type it could appear as 'J O H N'.

The reason I do not want to use 'Comb of Characters' is that the text fields will not work for me when viewed on a mobile device. 

Thanks for any help 😉

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Go to the field's Properties and under the Format tab select Custom and paste the following code as the custom Format script:

if (event.value) event.value = event.value.split("").join(" ");

Like this:

try67_0-1650444295957.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use a script for this. But doesn't assume that this will work on mobile devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply and good to know that I might be able to use a script.  The next question I have is where would I get such a script and how would I implement it? I am not a programmer or developer I just try to figure stuff out as I go. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want to actually change the value of the field, or just make it look like there's a space between each character?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I just want to make it look like there's a space between each character.  More for appearance than anything.  I am not changing any values. I have come across a Javascript to split("").join("") but I have no idea how to write it for adobe acrobat or where to put the code block.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the field's Properties and under the Format tab select Custom and paste the following code as the custom Format script:

if (event.value) event.value = event.value.split("").join(" ");

Like this:

try67_0-1650444295957.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice one, that code works perfectly, on desktop, mobile, and tablet.  Delighted with that, and thanks for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm surprised to hear it works on mobile devices, but that's good to know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines