• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Crashes Pro Crashes every time i open it

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time i open a pdf or just Adobe on its own it crashes after a few seconds. I have tried repairing it through Add/Remove Programs and I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, no joy in any method

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stuart278972594qur,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry about the trouble.

As the application hangs, please try the troubleshooting steps suggested in the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-crashes-on-windows-os.html

If that does not help, try removing the application and running the cleaner tool (https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html).

Reboot the machine and install Acrobat Pro DC from the following page: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html.

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue still persists after following that course of action

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I hope you are doing well, and we're sorry for your trouble.

To investigate further, we would need the crash logs from the affected machines. Please follow the below to generate the crash logs: Press the' Start' key and search for 'cmd'. Launch the Command Prompt in admin, i.e. 'Run as Administrator mode. Run these four commands in a one-by-one manner:

• REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps"
  • REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps" /v DumpFolder /t REG_EXPAND_SZ /d "%LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps"
  • REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps" /v DumpCount /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000040
  • REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps" /v DumpType /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000002

Retry the scenario where Acrobat crashes. Press Win+R and type "%LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps" and press Enter. You will see the .dmp file generated file recently. Please share that dump with us. Note it will be a large file.

Note: The file will be large, so upload it to the Document Cloud storage, generate the share link, and send it to us: https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/home/ 

Thanks in advance for your time and your cooperation on this.

Regards,

Vineet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Stuart for sharing the dump. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines