Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC 12 - The serial number is used by too many computers

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there team

I am having trouble activating my Adobe Acrobat DC v. 12. I am receiving a "The serial number is used by too many computers..." message but don't know where to deactivate existing installs and it seems this needs to be done in the back end.

Can anyone help please.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that. As described you are getting the error 'The serial number is used by too many computers'

A single license of Adobe Acrobat can be installed an app on two computers. However, you can use the application on only one computer at a time.

To install the application on a third computer, deactivate the application on the computer on which you no longer want to use the software. Then, activate it on the new computer.

Please checkout the steps provided in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/error-activation-limit-reached-sign.html and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Amal. My only issue is that I don't know which one of my past computers is activated so I need someone at adobe to reset the number of computers I had this installed on in the past so that I can activate my current computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For that you need to contact Adobe Support directly, via chat or phone:

Chat support: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Phone support: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Beware of people contacting you via the forums' messaging system pretending to work for Adobe! Only those with an "Adobe Employee" tag under their name are legit. Also, Adobe will never offer to contact you via Skype, or use an email account that's not under the adobe.com domain...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines