• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC Cannot print to PDF from Office and only prints first page in Adobe.

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat DC Cannot print to PDF from Office and only prints first page in Adobe: 

When I try to print an email to Adobe PDF I get a notepad pop-up with code in it.

When I try to print to Adobe PDF from a PDF (trying to print first 3 pages of a 40 page document) It only prints the 1st page. I have tried different options but nothing works. I have work arounds, but that is the quickest way to do what I need to. Does anyone have any suggestions? This just started today.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lynn,

If you are "Print to PDF," you are using your operating system to generate the PDF, NOT Acrobat. If you want to have Acrobat doing the processing, you need to select "Print to Adobe PDF"

Also, you cannot Print to PDF or Print to Adobe PDF from within Acrobat. You can only print to your printer.

Lastly, for the record, are you using Acrobat Reader, Acrobat Standard, or Acrobat Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary,

I'm using Acrobat Pro. And the printer select is the Adobe PDF printer. When I select Microsoft Print to PDF it worked.

Fun fact though -- I had tried this multiple times, then I restarted my entire system and tried again -- still didn't work.

BUT, after an hour or so, it all seems to be working again. It may have just been network issues, I guess. Not sure. 

Thank you for reaching out! 🙂 

Lynn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Lynn,

Glad it worked out — network issue, hadn't thought of that myself. 

Note: because of potential delays, I always have my Adobe PDF Pref in Word to print locally as opposed to in the clouds, I've always found it faster. But, then again, I'm always doing one-offs so waiting for one is quite a bit different than waiting for a couple of hundred. 

Best,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines