• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC - Email/Share/Link options are blank

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen a couple threads that have gone dead with no clear resolution so thought I would start my own in hopes that this does get resolved.

This issue is currently being troubleshooted on a Macbook Air M1 running MacOS Monterey 12.4.

Problem:

The following options display a blank window when selected in Adobe Acrobat DC(Pro/Standard):

• Share a link to this file
  • Send file by email
  • Share this file with others

All of these options are located at the top-right of the application window just under the Profile & Settings icon.

At our organization, we are using Adobe Suite at an enterprise level (Federated Accounts/Licensing) so our installation is done through the Creative Cloud application for all Adobe products.  In previous threads the suggested solution was to update Acrobat to the latest version, in which case Creative Cloud already takes care of this so a manual patch should not be necessary.  I've also tried following instructions to reset Adobe Preferences back to default found here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

I also tried any mentioned resolutions found in this main thread that never got resolved:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader-discussions/quot-send-as-email-quot-box-is-blank/td-p/...

I've done the following on my own to see if it would remediate the problem:

• Uninstalled Adobe Acrobat DC > Ran the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool > Reinstalled Creative Cloud > Reinstall Adobe Acrobat DC
  • Device Wipe/Factory Rest with MDM > Install Adobe Creative Cloud > Install Adobe Acrobat DC ( I had the most success with this as the options appeared to work after the first installation however if you either wait a little bit with the application running, close the application and re-open, or re-install the application it will break indefinitely.)

The above was done with our Antivirus, Cylance Guard set to Guard 0 on the device to rule out any security blocks.

Another suggestion I was reading online was to ensure the Sharing restrictions policy was set to a minimum of "Sharing limited to org members & trusted users" which I have confirmed is set currently with our domain listed in the Authorized section.  This is seen in the Admin Console, under Asset Settings for those of you that want to check this.

I think that basically covers everything regarding this issue that I have looked into and trialed so far.  I think this is something that needs to be addressed attentively again with an actual resolution/statement from Adobe as it's a feature that is widely use and impactful for Adobe customers.

Looking forward to any response from Adobe Support.

Cheers,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[Moderator moved from Using the Community (forums) to Acrobat user-to-user forum.]

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines