• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC menu fonts way too light — how to fix?

Explorer ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My version is unbearable.. All the fonts are very light grey it's hard to read. Only the document is really readable. 

Is there a workaround to fix the light font issues?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Hmm. If you mean it appears "fine" as in almost invisible and transparent? Then yes, you're right. It's "fine".

However, to anyone else looking at the image photo I attached above, the difference is overwhelmingly obvious. I showed the image and this post to colleagues at work  (12 different people) and they do not agree with you that the extreme light fonts are NOT :fine". It may be considered "normal" to some people, but it's not "fine" by the masses.  And there is no theme option in my versio

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

I'd also like to add that it's ridiculous that there is no edit post feature in the Adobe Support Community. Why did I waste my time and expect some sense of professionalism and solutions? All I got was denial, which reminds me of Trumpism! 🤷‍:female_sign:😠

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out.

The menu fonts are greyed out as they are not available for the current selection.

Open the PDF in the application. Then select the edit menu and check the options are still greyed out.

Let us know if you are referring to something else.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. But no, no, no. I'm not a novice computer user. I've been using a Windows PC since the 90s. 

It's unfortunate you don't see any issue with the fonts I'm referring to in the attached image. I on the otherhand find them exceptionally light and the "greyed" out characters which denote that function isn't available are exceptionally light. Compare these fonts to older versions of Acrobat like Acrobat 11, you'll quickly come to the same conclusion (I hope). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

In the image shared above, we do not see much difference. At our end, it appears to be fine. There is a UI difference between Acrobat XI and Acrobat Pro DC. 

If you are experiencing changes in the font appearance, try once to reinstall the application. 

I would also suggest you try the Dark Gray theme for the application. In the application go to View > Display/ Theme > Dark Gray. Check if that helps.

As you find the fonts exceptionally light, I would suggest you share your suggestion on this with the team via this form: https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html.

Let us know if we can be of any help.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. If you mean it appears "fine" as in almost invisible and transparent? Then yes, you're right. It's "fine".

However, to anyone else looking at the image photo I attached above, the difference is overwhelmingly obvious. I showed the image and this post to colleagues at work  (12 different people) and they do not agree with you that the extreme light fonts are NOT :fine". It may be considered "normal" to some people, but it's not "fine" by the masses.  And there is no theme option in my version of Adobe Acrobat DC.

Adobe support gets a 👎👎. I guess that's why in part consumers prefer Foxit PDF Business which is a fraction of the cost of Adobe DC and has almost identical functionality and the white screen layout not bright and greyed out fonts almost invisible to see. 🙄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd also like to add that it's ridiculous that there is no edit post feature in the Adobe Support Community. Why did I waste my time and expect some sense of professionalism and solutions? All I got was denial, which reminds me of Trumpism! 🤷‍:female_sign:😠

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to clarify, my 12 co-workers do NOT agree with you Meenakshi that what you see looks fine. They agree that the fonts are too light and the greyed out inactive selections are so light they appear to be almost invisible, transparent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines