• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC on MacBook Pro very slow w/ flickering forms and Architectural PDFs etc.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone 🙂

I'm having a problem for some time now with DC on my MacBook Pro (Late 2015, 8gb RAM, Intel Iris)

As mentioned in the title, the performance is quite poor with Acrobat DC (Photoshop and Premiere work fine) and I am running out of possible ways to fix it.

I have read through numerous similar posts in the forum, but none helped me solve the issue.

So far I have:
- Checked for drivers (which is done automatically with MacOS)
- Checked for corrupt preferences (deleted all Adobe Acrobat *.plist files in the Library, didnt find WebCapture anywhere though)
- Reinstalled Acrobat many... many, many times (also to no avail)

Does anyone have any further clue what to do about this?

Best Regards,

Phil 🙂

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PhilMoehler

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that. As described, Adobe Acrobat DC on MacBook Pro very slow w/ flickering forms etc.

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 21.07.20099 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates and reboot the computer once.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF form or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If the file is stored on a shard network, please download it to your computer and check.

As you have already tried some troubleshooting steps with no luck, please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here - https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Amal

I did reset the preferences to no avail already, tried again now, still no betterment 😄
Now I also went onto it with the 'root'-User, but also there, no improvement in the performance.

Thank you for your help, but it seems, that wasnt it.

Any other Ideas?
Is my MacBook to old for Acrobat? 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS: And yes I have the recent version 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that the issue still persists. Would you mind sharing a small video recording of the steps and the issue you are experiencing for a better understanding? Also, is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? PLease try with a different PDF file and check.

Thanks

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, Adobe Acrobat becomes practically unusable, and extremely frustrating! Please see this video, this was a GOOD day. So frustrating! https://youtu.be/N-dXT90rO58

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the trouble.

This issue is already raised to our engineering team and they are working on it to find the fix.

We will share the update as soon as we get any news from them.

Thanks for your time and patience.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Myself and a friend are also having this problem. Is there a fix for it yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

easy-fix: just set a 69 pixel to inch ratio and zoom in 300% and the flickering stops. Not a real fix, but now you can edit without getting seizures, cheers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines