• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC pdfmaker asks for filename twice

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using: Adobe Acrobat DC Standard with Office 2016 (Word, Excel, etc) on Windows 10 with files that are local but sync'd to an Office 365 SharePoint site.

My problem: Back in the good old days of Acrobat and Office 2010 I could just right click on a file and it would convert to PDF in the same directory as the source file quietly.

Now, this happens:

1. right click, Convert to PDF

2. Prompt for "Save Adobe PDF File As (in the current directory).  Click Save

3. MS Word 2016 launches

4. Second prompt for Save PDF File As, but this time on Desktop or somewhere other than the original file. 

5. Click Save after having to navigate and find the original directory again

6. PDF creates and opens.

7. MS word remains open with no file loaded (i.e. it's blank)

If I try to work around this by using Create PDF in the ribbon in Word 2016 I get the "The system cannot find the file specified".  that might have something to do with these being sync'd to sharepoint, who knows.

This is $1000 worth of software to do a simple task that is supposed to work together.  Why does Word have to launch now?  Why does it ask twice for the filename? Why can't it work like it used to?  Any ideas?

Nick

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Have you tried to reach out to our support staff via call or chat? If yes, do you have any existing case number?

Also, when you are trying to convert a word file to PDF. Are those files located locally on the system or on Sharepoint? 

-Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In attempting to contact Adobe, I get "Phone Support is not offered" for my product, so it directs me to the forums.  This after paying $500 for a product.

To answer your questions, the files are local, on my laptop's hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tariq,

I have the same problem like Nick.

Could you help him?

Greetings,

Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My friend can you please help with this issue isntead of trying to redirect it via phone or chat? A lot of people have this issue 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm also having this issue. It just started in the past month. I have to print to PDF as the documents have to be flattened. I have to do this A LOT so this is a real time-suck problem.  Please post the solution here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nick,

I have the same problem as you. Seems it´s the 64 bit operating system that causes the problem.

Did you find a solution?

Greetings,

Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction: My problem are your mentioned steps 1 until 6, step 7 doesn´t happen to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes this is a real pain. being asked twice where to save a conversion wastes a lot of my time. It has now become quicker to open the word doc press F12 and save as pdf. Acrobat you should really fix this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does the file itself also for the 2nd prompt change its name slightly? I also have almost the exact same issue (only difference is that the 2nd prompt as the file name as different name). But it might be exactly the same. Cant believe Adobe hasnt got to this yet. Anyone have any leads? I will try the Word ribbon method and seee if that does anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines