• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC Pro and Adobe Reader displays the document could not be printed for MAC - PDF

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Please help, it appears I can find support is provided for Windows users, but as a MAC user, I would like to be able to print a PDF document. In a digital world, this seems somewhat ridiculous that people are having issues with printing a PDF. 

I have seen a workaround to print a PDF if I open the document using the Preview app on my Mac, but I should not have to go through such tremendous lengths to print a PDF. 

What is the resolution for Mac users, to be able to resolve the issue of not being able to print a PDF document from Acrobat Adobe DC Pro or Acrobat Adobe DC Reader?

The error says "Could not Print" "No Pages Selected"

Thanks, 

Frustrated user!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, 

Seems as though I figured out a workaround in order to print PDF documents through Adobe on my Mac. Keep in mind I was already aware of being able to print a PDF using the Preview.app on my Mac, therefore this is the second workaround I could find. Though I don't understand why I can't just open any PDF in Adobe and just print it through Adobe Acrobat's software. 

I also would now like to know, why in Adobe, there is no "Save as Adobe PDF", to avoid all the steps I have to go through below. Seems like it perhaps is not the best UX/UI to achieve one of the most repetitive actions people use. 

If there is a better workaround, other than what I have provided below, please let me know.  

Here is what worked for me. 

1. Right-click on the file you saved on your computer (a pop-up menu will appear).

2. Click on "Open With", and select "Save as Adobe PDF.app"

3. A dialogue box will appear, click "Continue

4. From the next screen, rename and save the file

5. Open the newly renamed file through Adobe, and then you should be able to print!

For those who want to know this was completed on a macOS Big Sur - Version 11.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines