• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC Pro crashes when trying to combine files that include an Excel file

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I am an IT person that has this issue as well as at least one customer that I support.

When attempting to use the Combine Files function in Acrobat DC Pro that involves one or more Excel files, Adobe crashes with an event ID of 1000.  Using the combine function for any other file types that do not involve Excel files works without issue.  My Office version is 16.0.14326.209210. Adobe version 22.001.20117.  Has anyone else experienced this and found a fix?  Acrobat and office have been reinstalled.  

Thank you, 

John G

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi John

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

As described the application is crashing when combining files that include Excel files.

Would you mind sharing the small video recording of the steps you are doing that leads to the crash, for a better understanding? Also, try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Also, try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win and try using the application there and check.

Also, as an alternative, please try to create a PDF portfolio and see if that works for you https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/create-customize-pdf-portfolios.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines