Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Adobe Acrobat DC prompting for a purchase or trial on free version

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open acrobat I am prompted to purchase or start a trial and cannot use it anymore. I have been using the free version. I uninstalled and reinstalled it. Still the same problem. Why is the free version no longer free?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Figmentos

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, When you open Acrobat you get prompted to purchase or start a trial and cannot use it anymore.

Would you mind sharing the screenshot of the error message for a better understanding?

Also, make sure you are using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC application (Freeware) and not Adobe Acrobat DC (Paid Subscription), please logout of the application and reboot the computer once and re-login to Adobe Acrobat Reader DC application and check if that helps.

Let us know if experience any trouble and need more help

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines