• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC stops working properly after windows updates

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does Adobe Acrobat DC stop working after the regular Windows updates? It becomes impossible to open pdf's from file manager, impossible to create pdf's from MS Word, just impossible to work properly. It's not a one-off. I read somewhere about rebooting the machine after the normal 'post-update' reboot, but that doesn't help. I have to keep using workrounds like printing using 'Microsoft Print to PDF', opening documents after launching Adobe Acrobat DC instead of just clicking the file name, lots of other things.

Is there a way to resolve these issues when they arise? It seems to resolve itself after a week or so (I know that doesn't seem sensible) but it really does make the product difficult to use meanwhile.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Please try to remove the application using the Acrobat Cleaner tool - https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html reboot the computer once and reinstall the application using the link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Miket

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the application is not working properly after the latest Windows update and rebooting the computer didn't worked.

Please try to repair the installation (Windows only) from the help menu > Repair Installation and reboot the computer once and see if that helps.

Also, make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described in the help page - https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This will help me a lot, I had a problem like that, I'm going to try to solve it,

Thank you,

Wilder

WbolanosCo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Repair' didn't work so it seems like the 'fix' it to reinstall the product every time there's an update and then reboot the machine a couple of times. That's still less trouble than all the workarounds but shouldn't really be necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just realised that it's after Creative Cloud updates. Just happened again

I rebooted (why not?)

Uninstalled Acrobat Pro DC (had to kill 'Acrotray' task as the uninstall always hangs on 'gathering information')

Rebooted

Reinstalled Acrobat Pro DC

Rebooted

Rebooted

Still doesn't work.

WHY??????????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Please try to remove the application using the Acrobat Cleaner tool - https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html reboot the computer once and reinstall the application using the link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Amal, that seems to have fixed it. Bit of a pain if I have to do that every time there's an update but nothing I can't live with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Amal, that seems to have fixed it. Bit of a pain if I have to do that every time there's an update but nothing I can't live with.

By @miket24434990

It worked for me but not for the other user. It's frustrating because the work-arounds waste time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines