• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Install thru Creative Cloud uninstalls Adobe Reader DC

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before the summer i was in the prcocess of migrating all our users from packes All Apps to just Creative Cloud self service installs.

Before the summer the only version of Acrobat DC that was available was the 32-bit version. Now after the summer updating or reinstalling Adobe DC will also uninstall the Reader and install the 64-bit version og Adobe DC. Uninstalling Reader can have serious implications for us.
Ayone else have the same issue? Any ways to maybe block uninstall of the Reader?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan,

Sorry to hear about your experience. 

The installer for Acrobat DC 64-bit and Acrobat Reader DC 64-bit is the same. 

If you have Acrobat Reader DC 64-bit and purchase an Acrobat subscription, the Reader 64-bit application will upgrade to become a fully functional Acrobat DC 64-bit application.

For more details, please read this help article: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/whats-new/2021-february.html

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dont think the problem posted was understood. We have fulyl enterprise licenses for all products.

The problem is updating og isntalling Adobe Acroat DC from CC will _uninstall_ Adobe reader 32-bit without asking for consent.

I am guessing this is due to the fact that having a 64 Creative Cloud will now choose 64bit installer for Acrobat DC that was previously not available for enterprise and 64-bit and 32-bit Acrobat DC and Reader is not compatible.

However this is NOT listed in the changelogs for July updates and is not creatig allot of problems for me.

I would like a option to block this behaviour!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines