• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat is by far the worst program I've ever used

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated almost weekly with minial feature advancements or performance improvements in sight, this horrific tool needs a re-write.

I cannot believe the industry tolerate such garbage.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Thank you for this constructive and argued message.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this constructive and argued message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could not agree more - I am paying $14.99 twice a month for what? Two programs that barely work and slow my PC down to preJurassic levels!!!! Where is the replacement  -  this is useless!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2023 Sep 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2023,  Still trash.   

Editing forms or having to create anything in this program OTHER than one text box or siginiture field for signing is atoricous. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2023 Sep 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try reverting to the "classic" user interface instead of the new 2023 "modern viewer" (as Adobe likes to call it).

Instructions are here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/acrobat-2023-how-to-revert-to-classic-gui-user-in...

Lots of complaints here that the new interface has some missing functions and quite a few bugs.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2023, I just got an update yesterday after all this time.  

It is actually far worse.  It crashes 3 times as much.  Which is pretty much every time I open it now.  I just have to make sure I save constantly before it does.  It is the only program on my laptop and PC that does this.  

Thank God for the protection of these failed monopolies by the Nanny state of America. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Trolly32259550hdgx 

I'm really sorry to hear that you're facing issues with Adobe Acrobat DC. It can be frustrating when technology doesn't cooperate. Let's work together to try and resolve this.

Firstly, could you clarify if this issue is specific to one particular PDF file or if it's affecting all the PDFs you're trying to open? Testing with a different PDF might help us understand the scope of the problem.

Also, could you please confirm the version of Adobe Acrobat DC you're using? To do this, go to the Help menu and select About Acrobat. Make sure you have the most recent version, which should be 23.06.20320. If not, you can check for updates through Help > Check for updates and then restart your computer.

For Windows users, you can attempt to repair the installation from the help menu. Unfortunately, this option is not available on Mac. If you're on a Windows system, give it a try.

In addition, resetting Acrobat preferences can sometimes resolve issues. You can follow the steps outlined in this link: How to reset Acrobat preference settings to default.

If the problem persists, you might want to consider creating a new test user profile on Windows with full admin rights or enabling the root account on Mac. This can help determine if the issue is user-specific or system-wide.

Please try these steps and let us know how it goes. We're here to assist you further if needed.

Your feedback will help us narrow down the problem and find a solution.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dude, it is pure unadultrated garbage, hire a QA department. And if you have a QA department fire every single one of them. And if you are developing this thing with Agile, that's why it is badly broken, switch to Waterfall, it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2024 Feb 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with this assesment. I thought Adobe invented teh PDF. Have some pride.

Take a look at Bluebeam and see how you can improve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Random locking of files with out a clue as to what password must be used, no reset no forgot password. It is the standard and will not improve for us lowlifes.

Congratulations Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Adobe Acrobat doesn't apply password protection by itself.

Would you mind sharing more details about the issue you are experiencing? A small video recording of the steps you are doing would be very helpful.

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 24.01.20615 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau... and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been writing software for 40 years, I've never seen a program with more bugs, ever. It is damn near impossible to use.

Does Adobe even have a single QA resource? Even one? I suspect not!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines