• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe acrobat is worse than the mafia--why??!!??

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has taken me over 45 minutes to PRINT THREE SHEETS OF LABELS!! I am now very late to open my store. It was not user error. It was not me...It was Adobe that did me dirty. I paid their blood money, and their app is worse THAN EVER on my macbook. Every time I hit print...it's anywhere from 3-15 minutes before it prints my labels. The lovely spinning beach ball of death haunts me, and eventually it may or may not stop, and eventually I may or may not be able to print.

Or: I have to restart the piece of crap app over and over AND OVER...WTF AM I PAYING FOR HERE?!?

TOPICS
Cancel subscription , Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , How to , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat , Print and prepress , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to pay anything to print a PDF file. It can be done using the free Adobe Reader or any other PDF apps available...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell me why, my Adobe told me all of my privileges were gone, if I don't pay. I also go beyond just printing with Adobe. Either way, if a system slows down your ability to access it, if you do not pay, that's sick. It's also sick if you pay, and the system doesn't get better. Adobe has never been this slow. It became even worse after paying for it. I print labels/art/etc every week, almost every day. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I have no idea what you're talking about. Sounds like an issue with your computer.

Obviously, Acrobat does not slow down your system unless you pay for it. If it did that Adobe would be out of business in a week... If your system is running slowly after you installed Acrobat maybe one of the background services it uses is causing it to hang. This is not normal behavior, though. Could be a corrupt installation, or something like that. You didn't provide any real details for us to be able to help you with this issue. A good place to start would be what OS you're using, what's your version of Acrobat, how does this problem manifest itself, and what did you try to solve it (reinstall? repair installation? cleaner tool? delete preferences? etc.), and what were the results of those actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's only Adobe. Just started. Doesn't happen with any other apps. Yes, it 100% slowed down and sent me all sorts of "warnings" about needing to be paid 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshots of these "warnings"? You also didn't answer any of my questions...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Alicia,

Thanks for reporting the issue here. Can you help us with the details of the issue you've started facing on your MacBook -

• Adobe Acrobat's version you're using? Can be updated from Help > Check for Updates
  • Mac OS version? 
  • Device type/year (if possible)? (like MacBook Air M2 2022)
  • Printer name/type used while the issue was observed?
  • Has the issue recently surfaced? or you've been facing it from sometime?
  • If trued printing same PDF from browser, is the time taken less or same?

These answers will help us at Adobe to get to the root cause of the same, and escalate the same faster.

Thanks !!

Regards,
Swapnil Srivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines