• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat on Ipad Pro drawing tool starts smooth ends up blocky

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, when I am editing a .pdf on the Ipad Pro using Adobe Acrobat, I tap on comment > then use the Draw Tool, it has a symbol almost as if someone tried to circle a word but missed on connecting the oval at the bottom. Like a swirl. So, I start writing, and the ink lays down just how im writing, in my own unique handwritting. Just like it looks on OneNote for the ipad, etc. Then all the sudden, the writing changes to this blocky, sharp edged writing.

The picture attached, I was just trying to define ambivalence for example

The top writing is what the writing turns into.

The bottom writing is what it looks like when it starts, but even the left verticle side of 'n' in feelings , at the bottom is flat.

You can not do that , make a perfectly flat line with an Apple pencil. As the "brush" is a small circle. Like if you tap the screen its a small circular dot, "brush," (concept from Photoshop.)

So, I just dont get why its bugging out and thinking it needs to turn the smooth, nice, perfectly imperfect handwritting to this blocky, sharp, unfocused style.

Thanks

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*It changes the writing when I hit done, in the upper left corner* sorry couldnt find edit button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @Amar28156577l5pa, I recently got a new iPad with the Apple Pencil and using the current Adobe Acrobat, and I'm not able to duplicate what you describe. As I write in my normal, pretty poor, handwritten text, it doesn't change or move to a different part of the page. And, FWIW, I do not see your script as blocky, sharp, or unfocused. Admittedly, I've never seen your script outside of that screenshot, but what I'm seeing looks fine.

Looking at the three "n"s you've written. The one in "feelings" does appear different on the first stroke on the left side. I've been trying very hard to replicate that, and I cannot. As such, I cannot say that what you're seeing is a bug with Acrobat, an issue with your iPad & Pencil, or some other kind of artifact. 

You mention Photoshop. Can you try making some notes such as you've got here in Photoshop for the iPad? That might help narrow the issue down to an iPad issue or an Acrobat issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Amar28156577l5pa,

I have had the same problem as you when using Adobe Acrobat for Ipad. I found a thread at one point (sorry that I can't seem to find it again) that states this is a problem with Adobe using auto-smoothing. There is cuurenty no option to turn off auto smoothing, and Adobe states on their own website that this is a known problem, but they don't seem to want to fix it. Maybe some day it will get fixed, but in the mean time... you can try an app called "GoodNotes". I recently switched to it and like it much better than Adobe for my purposes (I use it to mark up roadway engineering drawings in pdf form) It has a much better draw function than Adobe Acrobat. Your handwriting will stay the way you write it, with no auto smoothing to screw up the look of it.  It may not provide everything you are looking for but you can try it for free as the free version gives full functionality but just limits you to 3 projects going at a time. If you need more than 3 projects in there at the same time, it costs 12 dollars to get unlimited projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines