Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat on M1/M2 Silicon Macs

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

sorry for the most likely newbie question.

I'm trying to install Adobe Acrobat on my new Macbook Pro M1/Silicon.

I keep getting prompted to install Rosetta which I don't want.

How can I install/run Acrobat to run natively on a Silicon-Mac?

I currently have the "Creative Cloud All Apps 100GB" plan, which I want to keep.

Also: When I check included in your plan I see Acrobat Pro, but when I go to "All Apps" to start an installation I only see Acrobat. What am I missing here?

Any help or hints would be appreciated.

Thanks

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

It sounds like it's doing what you need it to do, but if you have any further issues and want to go down this path (and have time to do so) I contacted tech support and after trying a number of things they needed to remote into my Macbook (which I'm never 100% comfortable with but had to be done) and after some tinkering and then yet another uninstall / reinstall they got it working fine. No further issues. Seems to be related to previous versions not being properly removed by the Adobe uninstal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

++ EDITED REPLY, 

Rosetta is intended to supplement the Intel-based features for an app or program that was  meant to be used natively with the Intel Core M1 chips [- those that were first released back in 2020, not with the newest Apple Silicon architechture that was released last year in late 2021 -].

So, if you're getting that notice, for example, it doesn't necessarily mean that Adobe Acrobat wouldn't run natively.

But when you fiddle enough with the Acrobat software, you'll notice that Acrobat is not alone.

As whole entity, Adobe Acrobat is extremely codependent of many add-ons, web browsing services,  cloud services and collaboration services (just to name a few things to keep in mind).

In addition, that also includes its own unique integration with a myriad of PDFMaker plug-ins, APIs and extensions that may not be up to par yet with Silicon.

Besides, those M1 chips have undergone a series of major transformations in less than two years.

So, Acrobat won't run natively because all the other elements that complement Acrobat (mentioned above) weren't designed with those chips in mind to be begin with.

Apple Silicon are still very new, and just for now, you'll have to install Rosetta, I'm afraid.

If we compare how Microsoft led the software industry for a couple of decades, by which every hardware manufacturer had to keep up with newer versions of the Windows family of operating systems, the same is not true for Apple Silicon.

Seems to me now, like software vendors will have to re-invent software just to be able to keep up with such a centric and excentric hardware manufacturer as Apple (specially now that their very own  Silicon architechture seems to be at full throttle).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I just purchased a MacBook Pro with the M2 chip. Decided to test it out. I downloaded the app and I received a message to download Rosetta. However, Rosetta was never downloaded. I was able to successfully download the creative Suite app and Acrobat. I used some older files and at least I was able to make markups annotate and save.  I had a file that was approximately 495 pages.  Officially, it's not supported but I was able to make it work.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know that!

Thank you for updating this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2024 Mar 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 2023 Macbook Air with M2 silicon & Adobe CS subscription. Acrobat Pro used to work but now always crashes within 20 seconds of opening. Have uninstalled & reinstalled several times, and tried running with & without Rosetta. I note that now when installing Acrobat that it says Adobe is "still testing" its Apple Silicon version of Acrobat but I can download the Intel version - which I did, but it still crashes 100% of the time with a white rectangular box in the middle of the screen (see attached screenshot).

Has anyone else had this problem and is there a solution?

(Hard to believe they still don't have a proper M2 compatible version almost 2 years after the chip was released)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded from an M1 MacBook Air to an M2 MBA 15".  I also noticed the note when I installed Acrobat that I could only run in compatibility mode.  Sigh.  So, the upside Acrobat got installed (albeit with one unknown glitch), and seems to be work just fine, and fast.  I keep the Acrobat subscription to handle occasional legal paperwork and some consulting from my previous life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like it's doing what you need it to do, but if you have any further issues and want to go down this path (and have time to do so) I contacted tech support and after trying a number of things they needed to remote into my Macbook (which I'm never 100% comfortable with but had to be done) and after some tinkering and then yet another uninstall / reinstall they got it working fine. No further issues. Seems to be related to previous versions not being properly removed by the Adobe uninstall software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for updating this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here we are in May 2024. I have use many of the Adobe apps for years. Recently, I began using a MacBook Pro with an M2 chip. All the apps that I use, Illustrator, InDesign, PhotoShop, Premiere Pro, Audition, Dreamweaver, all run in the native "Universal" for Apple Silicon. Why not Adobe Acrobat, yet?! Twice I have attempted to install Acrobat. But, Rosetta is required to run it. I do not want to use Rosetta. Let me know if I am missing something. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines